Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Bird nests make me smile. They do!!

So,
For the past year and half or so, I noticed my growing fondness for birds. They are absolutely mysterious... can see them, but can't touch. They jump and fly in front of you for a minute, just as you catch an eye contact, they fly away. What a tease!!

Being a Virgo, I have to find a reason for everything, right? My obsession for gorillas stem from my idea that - they are the basic core of human nature, stripped away the civilization AND how they are so big, yet so gentle... Well, I was wondering why I liked birds.... It really didn't take long for me to realize that - Birds symbolize FREEDOM in a city-world.

Having this new fondness for birds, all of a sudden, they are everywhere... So, this weekend i was walking the shelter dogs in Glendale as usual. I couldn't stop hearing the beautiful meeping sounds from these birds, and that itself, sent me such a contentment that put the biggest smile on me.

I had to take a picture of this - the reveal of a bird nest, after the falling leafs.



The purpose of a bird nest is to keep the eggs warm and the little birds in place, yes. It is also to protect the little birds from predators by hiding in camouflage. The fact that this bird nest is so well seen in plain sight because of the falling leafs, is a privilege of mine!!

Of all bird nests.... nothing beats a weaver bird nest.... First of all, they get their names by the way they build their nests - duh...weaving!! The stuff they come up with is absolutely amazing!!!




Lets take a look at how they do it!!! Oh... how I love Weaver Birds!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment